The novel coronavirus is spreading rapidly around the globe and it is primarily transmitted from person to person. At this point, the best way to prevent getting infected is to avoid being around people who have been exposed to the virus.
To lower your risk of contracting Coronavirus Disease, you can take the following precautions
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap isn’t available.
- Avoid touching your face unless you’ve recently washed your hands.
- Stay clear of people who are coughing and sneezing. The CDC recommends standing at least 6 feet away from anyone who appears to be sick.
- Avoid crowded areas as much as possible.
Older adults are at the highest risk of infection and may want to take extra precautions to avoid coming into contact with the virus.